As we transition into fall, Mother Nature might begin to cool off and slow down, but that doesn't necessarily mean our daily lives always follow suit. For most of us, its a given that our life can get crazy-beautiful-busy sometimes, and we we all know that it is in times like these that we need to take extra good care of ourselves. Great nutrition that fuels your body, mind and spirit are paramount in maintaining a balanced lifestyle.
Today's post offers an awesome recipe for nutrient-rich Superfood Energy Balls that are great for active, health-oriented people who are looking for an easy-to-make superfood snack that can carry you through your day.. Check out the recipe below!
These raw superfood energy balls can be modified on all kinds of ways, because, basically all the ingredients just get mixed together in a bowl/food processor and the rolled up into bite-size balls. These are great for before or after workouts/yoga classes or as a midday snack when your blood sugar or energy levels drop. If you aren't a big breakfast eater, they are also great for getting super-fueled for your day without eating a whole meal.
- 1 cup organic almond flour
- 1 scoop raw protein powder of your choice, you can use something like Garden of Life Raw Protein or, if you’re on more of a budget, try the Hemp Protein Powder sold at Trader Joes
- 1/4 cup organic hemp seeds
- ¼ cup Goji berries (soaked for 10 minutes)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans (just for texture if you want them)
- 1/4 cup organic chia seeds
- 1/4 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup organic nut butter
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil (liquid/melted)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons organic maple syrup or 4-5 Medjool dates (soaked for a half hour or so for best handling)
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until in a smooth, thick pasty texture that you can easily pick up and roll into bite-size balls in the palm of your hand. If you want to, you can then roll the balls in different “toppings” such as shredded coconut flakes, sesame seeds, hemp seeds or cacao.