This super easy and healthy all-the-time treat is crazy yummy and made with nutrient dense superfoods! Not to mention it's naturally vegan and gluten-free :)
The base for this pudding is the amazing chia seed, the name of which comes from the Mayan word for strength. These tiny little powerful seeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, fiber, protein, calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium and phosphorus to name a few. Whoa! Combine with the good for you fats in the coconut cream + ginger + turmeric, and you've got yourself a total yoga rockstar dish.
PRO-tip: Always try to chose local, organic and sustainably grown when possible :)
For this recipe youʼll need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut cream blended with equal parts filtered water = 2 cups total liquid
- Heaping spoonful of ground turmeric (or finely chopped fresh turmeric if available!)
- Healthy dash of cardamon
- Big chunk of fresh ginger, finely chopped (PRO tip: use the back of a spoon to remove the ginger skin)
- Raw honey to taste (can substitute fresh dates for the sweetener, in this case use a blender to combine ingredients)
Super simple instructions:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl, cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours/ overnight.
- Eat pudding all the time!! :)