Hi everyone! Now that the weather is likely turning crisp and cool where you are, here's a recipe for our favorite fall butternut squash soup. If you have a hand-blender, that will make this recipe even easier! If you have a regular blender or a food processor, that'll do just fine. :} Enjoy!
Ps. Oh yeah, it's vegan and gluten-free!
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Place squash on baking sheet on center rack of oven. Bake 40 minutes, or until soft, brown around the edges, and delicious-smelling.
2. Peel skin from squash (careful - it's hot!) and cut squash into medium-sized cubes.
3. In a large cooking pot, sautee onion in olive oil on medium heat for 5 minutes (until translucent). Add garlic and ginger. Sautee an additional 1 minute, until aroma is released.
4. Turn off heat. Add all the rest of the ingredients to the pot - squash cubes, coconut milk, veggie broth or water, lemon juice, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt.
5. If you have a hand-blender (you lucky duck!) simply blend INSIDE the pot! Otherwise, pour contents of pot into a Vitamix or other strong blender, and puree til smooth. Then pour soup back into the pot.
6. Heat on medium-low about 5 minutes, or until warmed through. At this point, let the soup cool off and taste it - you might want to add extra lemon, salt, or maple syrup, depending on how flavorful it tastes.
Enjoy, xoxo Drishti